Have you ever look at a man and wonder how he can have nice toned arms but still have a huge fat belly while you’re a lot leaner? Do you work out your arms on a regular basis and still have hardly any definition in your arms? One of the big concepts to understand is the secret behind a man’s physique. Men have more muscle mass than females.
While many women work hard to avoid it, women’s workout routines should include muscle building. I love how muscle definition looks on a female. It’s a great way for others to instantly see that you’ve been working out. The great thing that happens naturally, once you’ve melted away enough of the body fat, is to see muscle definition.
The Benefits of Building Muscle and Why You Need to Do It
There’s no denying that nicely defined muscles look sexy. Muscle mass is about more than just making sure you look good though.
Muscle building will:
- Increase your strength and flexibility
- Improve your posture
- Give you better balance
- Increase the number of calories burned with each movement, making it possible to burn more calories overall throughout the day
- Make daily tasks easier to perform
- Improve body composition
The Importance of Metabolism in Women Workout Routines
There are a few things you need to know about muscles, energy, and metabolism:
- Muscles use energy when they contract (they’re highly metabolic).
- The more intense muscle contractions become, the more energy they’ll use to perform the movement.
- Eventually, movements can become so intense that your muscles will use more oxygen than your body can produce. This creates an oxygen deficit that can last for hours after a workout.
- Your body needs more nutrients after an oxygen deficit because it needs to replenish its energy and oxygen levels.
- Resistance training and high intensity exercises prevent muscle loss by stimulating protein synthesis.
The only way to keep your metabolism at its highest levels and ready to burn calories is through…