Family rescued from second floor of smoke filled house on Fourth Street – MLive.com

[ad_1]

JACKSON, MI – Fire crews rescued three Jackson residents, a dog and cat from the second floor of a smoke-filled home Monday morning.

A family of five was displaced from their home on Monday, Dec. 5 after a fire started in the basement, quickly filled the structure with smoke and trapped three occupants on the second floor, said Jackson Assistant Fire Chief Chris Ermatinger.

Jackson Fire crews arrived at the residence at 813 Fourth Street at about 8:25 a.m. and saw heavy smoke coming from the building. Crews and passersby noticed several occupants on the second floor of the home calling for help, Ermatinger said.

“I saw a lot of smoke coming out of the top of the house and then I saw these people yelling out the window,” said Marc Cordova, a motorist driving past the home who stopped to call 911. “As soon as I stopped, the fire trucks rolled in. They got a ladder to…

[ad_2]

Read the full article from the Source…

Back to Top