BPL has upgraded its Legal Resources page found on the library website at www.bossierlibrary.org under the Research tab. Professionals, law students, and lay people now have access to more legal information through the expanded site.
Legal Resources includes:
• Legal Help & Assistance—Legal Services of Northwest Louisiana; Louisiana Civil Justice Center; Louisiana Free Legal Answers; Louisiana Law Help; and LSBA Legal Education Assistance Program
• Research Tools & Guides—How to Research a Legal Problem; Legal Information Reference Center; Louisiana Supreme Court; and West Law
• Legal Forms—Gale Legal Forms; Legal Form Guides
• Glossary of Legal Terms—American Bar Association Glossary; Louisiana Law Help: Words You Should Know; and Louisiana State Bar Association Legal Terms and Procedures
• Law Libraries—Law Library of Congress; Los Angeles Law Library
• Constitutions & Statutes—Federal Constitution; Louisiana State Constitution; and Louisiana Statutes
• Regulations, Codes, and Rules—Code of Federal Regulation; Louisiana Administrative Code; and Louisiana Court Rules
This site is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional legal advice by an attorney. BPL staff cannot interpret the law, advise patrons, or offer a list of attorneys.
If you would prefer to use hard copies of West Law, the BPL Benton Branch has a complete collection available. The BPL Central Branch has a computer designated for legal research.
Building a better Bossier!
Make a note:
•BPL Aulds Branch, 742-2337: Tues., May 16 at 11 a.m., for ages 18 and up— Adult Book Club, “The Magician’s Lie” by Greer Macallister
•BPL Benton Branch, 965-2751: *Correction: Children’s SRP begins Tues., June 6, at 10 a.m., for school age children and Fri., June 9, for ages 5 and under; ages 0-2 at 10 a.m., and ages 3-5 at 11:00a.m. Teens ages 13 to 18 begin Thur., June 8, at 4 p.m., and Adults ages 18 and up begin Mon., June 12 at 2 p.m.
•BPL Central Branch, 746-1693: Thur., May 18 from 6 p.m., to 7 p.m., for ages 18 and up— Adult Book Club, “Jackaby” by William Ritter Fri., May19 at 7 p.m., for teens ages 13 to 18—Movie Night!
•BPL East 80 Branch, 949-2665: *Correction: Teen SRP programs are at 2 p.m. Tues., May 23 at 4 p.m., for ages 7 and up—An Hour of S.T.E.A.M.
•BPL Haughton Branch, 949-0196: Thur., May 18 at 9:30 a.m., for ages 18 and up— Good Books Club, “The Spellman Files” by Lisa Lutz Fri., May 19 at 10 a.m., for ages 18 and up—Happy Hour Games
•BPL Plain Dealing Branch, 326-4233: Fri., May 19 from 3 p.m., to 5:30 p.m., for ages 8 and up—Painting with a Librarian; registration required Sat., May 20 from 1:00p.m., to 3:00p.m., for all ages—Movie Day
•BPL Tooke Branch, 987-3915: Sat., May 20 at 2 p.m., for ages 18 and up—Adult Book Club, “The Light Between Oceans” by M.L. Stedman; registration required
Building a better Bossier!