If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
This sugar-free braided ring cake looks complex, it’s so easy to make, it’ll make you feel like a professional. It’s made from wholesome ingredients like spelt flour and completely sugar-free, thanks to the addition of xylitol. You can choose from two fillings: one is made with coconut oil and has a rich, buttery coconut flavor that complements the cinnamon while the other is made with almond butter, which enhances the flavor of the crunchy almonds in the filling.
Sugar-Free Cinnamon Almond Ring Cake [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- Scant 1/4 cup coconut sugar or xylitol
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil at room temperature or 1/4 of almond butter (preferably made with toasted almonds)
- About a 1/4 cup toasted chopped almonds
For the Dough:
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons warm non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or xylitol
For the Optional Decoration:
- Xylitol, ground into powder
- In a bowl, combine coconut sugar or xylitol, cinnamon powder, and almond butter or coconut oil until a paste forms.
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- To make the dough, mix warm milk, the coconut sugar or xylitol, and the coconut oil in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the yeast, the baking powder, and 1 3/4 cups…